Sandakphu – Phalut Treks/Singalila National Park Treks
Choose a one day, three day or the full six day trek based on the time you have!
Overview of the Trek Region
The Singalila National Park located at an altitude of over 7000 feet, covered with subtropical pine and subalpine conifer forest, home to some of the rare Himalayan species like red pandas, with the view of the majestic Eastern Himalayas, the Singalila trek is considered as one of the most beautiful trails in the country. The complete trekking experience that starts from Manebhanjang and ends in Rimbik, covers approximately 90 kilometers across altitude ranging from 6500ft to 11,929 ft. However, we can customize the trek according to your walking capabilities and requirements. You can have a look at the pit stops and route map that we have provided and tell us what you would like.
One Day Trek
Manebhanjang to Tumling
- The one day trek starts in Maneybhanjang and winds its way through the village of Chitre with the final stop being the village of Tumling. You can spend the night experiencing the life in this quaint hamlet of Nepal. Wake up to the majestic view of the Kanchenjunga range and after breakfast head back to Manebhanjang.
- Tumling is at a distance of 11kms from Manebhanjang and takes approximately 5 hours to reach there. You can also take a cab till Chitre and walk the remaining 8kms.
Three Day Treks
Manebhanjang to Srikhola – Complete Trek
- Start the trek in Manebhanjang and halt on the first night in Tumling. Next day start the uphill climb to Sandakphu via villages of Gairibas and Kalipokhri and halt in Sandakphu for the night. On the third day start a steep descent to Srikhola and we will pick you up from lepsing, which is 2 kilometers from Srikhola.
- The total kilometers covered would be 50 with walking hours ranging from 5 to 8 hours a day.
Manebhanjang to Phalut – Part in jeep
- On the first day we will drive you till Kalipokhri, from where you can start your uphill trek to Sandakphu and halt the night there. On second day you start the pleasant trek towards Phalut and halt the night there. On the third day we will send a vehicle which will pick you up from Phalut and drive you down to Manebhanjang and Darjeeling.
- The total walking kilometers covered in this will be 26 with walking hours ranging from 4 to 8 hours.
Manebhanjang to Srikhola– Part in Jeep
- On the first day we drive you till Phalut in jeep via Sandakphu and through the Singalila national park. You can view the Kanchenjunga at the closest from Phalut. Soak up the view and spend the night in Phalut. On the second day you will start trekking downhill to the village of Gorkhey and spend the rest of the day exploring the village or you can walk further and stop at the village of Rammam. On the third day you start trekking towards Rimbik market from where we will pick you up.
- The total walking kilometers covered in this will be 36 with walking hours ranging from 5 to 8 hours a day.
5 to 6 Day Complete Trek
- This option covers the entire route from manebhanjang to Rimbik Market through Phalut. The first night halt would be at Tumling, the secnd at Sandakphu, the third at Phalut, the fourth at Gorkhey or Rammam, the fifth day you can either trek to Rimbik straight or halt in Srikhola and trek to Rimbik on the sixth day.
- The total kilomteres covered in this would be 90kms with walking hours raning from 5 to 8hours a day.
Customize your Treks
- Go through our Pitstops page and route map and tell us what you would want and we will customize the trek according to your needs and wants.